Chef d'Ablaing cooks for TV audienceSee how to make Savannah style crab cakes
Kansas City Star showcases Raphael LobbyRead how boutique hotel lobbies influence home design.
US News ranks Raphael city's bestSee what reviewers have to say about Kansas City's historic boutique hotel.
Raphael gm gives thumbs up to green lightsRaphael general manager Bill Carter explains why working with local company to install "green" exterior lighting was the right thing to do. See video.
Read about Bill Carter being named Franchise General Manager of the Year by Marriott International.
Kansas City's Visitors Choice Award-WinnerIn the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association annual visitors survey contest, The Raphael Hotel was visitors' top choice for Kansas City hotels smaller than 300 rooms.
Kansas City's Best Boutique Hotel 2009, 2010 and 2012, 2013KC Magazine readers voted The Raphael Hotel Kansas City's best boutique hotel.
National Register of Historic Places - Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City Member of Historic Hotels of AmericaThe Italian Renaissance Revival-style structure of The Raphael Hotel was originally built in 1927, as a nine-story apartment building in Kansas City. At the time, it was known as the Villa Serena, adjacent to Kansas City's Country Club Plaza district. After extensive renovation, the landmark property reopened in September 1975, as The Raphael Hotel.
Autograph Collection in Kansas CityKansas City's original boutique hotel is affiliated with Marriott International's Autograph Collection in the iconic historic hotel category. The Autograph Collection is a portfolio of upscale, independent hotels and resorts, each with a distinctive personality. Benefits to guests include the opportunity to earn Marriott Rewards points for stays at affiliated hotels.
Chaz on the Plaza - A Kansas City FavoriteAt the top of any list of Kansas City's most romantic restaurants, The Raphael Hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza Restaurant and Lounge, is a local favorite among a special category of lovers - foodies. Chaz features modern, regional American cuisine with roots in French fundamentals and textured by influences throughout the world. The menu follows the seasons, accommodating the natural cycle of heartland agriculture.
News Release Page
The Raphael Hotel News Releases
- KC's Raphael hotel receives Travel Leisure World's Best Award honors Download Acrobat Reader
- Raphael named Autograph Collection Hotel of the Year
- Raphael makes Travel Leisure World's Best list for third year in a row
- Historic Boutique Hotel Houses One of Top Kansas City Jazz Clubs
- Country Club Plaza Hotel a Unique Choice Among Kansas City Wedding Venues
- Chaz on the Plaza menu marries southern comfort food with KC barbecue
- Raphael a unique choice among Kansas City wedding venues
- Forbes Stars shine bright above The Raphael and Chaz on the Plaza
- U.S. News & World Report Travel ranks The Raphael as Kansas City's #1 hotel
- KCTV-5 highlights Raphael as "staycation"
- Country Club Plaza a daytripper's delight
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch travel blog
- Raphael and the Plaza Lights
- Historic Kansas City Hotel Wraps Birthday Celebrations in a Beautiful Package
- Kansas City Meeting Venue: The Raphael, Autograph Collection
- Chaz offers limited-supply, super-premium beef on request
The Raphael Hotel Media Kit Releases
- Raphael history, tidbits, myths & legends Download Acrobat Reader
- Raphael Fact Sheet
- Raphael general manager bio
- Raphael executive chef bio
- Raphael story leads
- Chaz a uniquely Kansas City restaurant in style and decor
- Chaz a Kansas City music venue
- Kansas City Jazz a Chaz staple
- Chaz emphasizes modern regional cuisine
- Raphael packages open door to unique travel experiences