The Raphael Hotel News & Awards
Raphael checks in at number 22 on World's Best -Travel+Leisure announces its 2013 World's Best Awards, Raphael is number 22 among top 50 large city hotels in the Continental U.S. Release below.
Kansas City Hotel Named to Travel + Leisure T+L 500 World's Best Hotels List, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 -
The Raphael Hotel of Kansas City, Missouri, was voted one of the 500 world's best hotels by readers of Travel + Leisure magazine for the third consecutive year in 2013 and was cited as one of the world's best values among the hotels making the T+L 500 list.
US News ranks Raphael city's best -See what reviewers have to say about Kansas City's historic boutique hotel.
Condé Nast Traveler rates Raphael one of best in Midwest -The Raphael is the only Kansas City hotel voted one of the Midwest's top hotels by readers of the highly regarded international travel magazine. See other favorites.
Raphael gives thumbs up to green lights -Raphael general manager Bill Carter explains why working with local company to install "green" exterior lighting was the right thing to do. See video.
Wine Spectator 2012 Award of Excellence -Chaz's wine list is noted for its selection of California wines. In addition, Chaz features an interesting selection of wines from the Old World, offering different grape varietals and styles appropriate to Chaz's modern American regional cuisine.
Kansas City's 2012 Visitors Choice Award-Winner -In the Kansas City Convention & Visitors Association annual visitors survey contest, The Raphael Hotel was visitors' top choice for Kansas City hotels smaller than 300 rooms.
Kansas City's Best Boutique Hotel 2009, 2010 and 2012 -KC Magazine readers voted The Raphael Hotel Kansas City's best boutique hotel.
National Register of Historic Places - Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City Member of Historic Hotels of America -The Italian Renaissance Revival-style structure of The Raphael Hotel was originally built in 1927, as a nine-story apartment building in Kansas City. At the time, it was known as the Villa Serena, adjacent to Kansas City's Country Club Plaza district. After extensive renovation, the landmark property reopened in September 1975, as The Raphael Hotel.
The restoration preserved the building's vintage style and classic design, and provided the modern comforts contemporary travelers expect. In 1999, the Raphael Hotel became a member of Historic Hotels of America. It has been a pioneer in the "boutique hotel" concept. This revolutionary concept's design offers individualistic accommodations with European character, intimacy, and charm, as well as personalized service and exceptional value.
Autograph Collection in Kansas City -Kansas City's original boutique hotel is affiliated with Marriott International's Autograph Collection in the iconic historic hotel category. The Autograph Collection is a portfolio of upscale, independent hotels and resorts, each with a distinctive personality. Benefits to guests include the opportunity to earn Marriott Rewards points for stays at affiliated hotels.
Chaz on the Plaza - A Kansas City Favorite -At the top of any list of Kansas City's most romantic restaurants, The Raphael Hotel's signature restaurant, Chaz on the Plaza Restaurant and Lounge, is a local favorite among a special category of lovers - foodies. Chaz features modern, regional American cuisine with roots in French fundamentals and textured by influences throughout the world. The menu follows the seasons, accommodating the natural cycle of heartland agriculture.
News Release Page
The Raphael Hotel News Releases
- KC's Raphael hotel receives Travel+Leisure World's Best Award honors
- Raphael named Autograph Collection Hotel of the Year
- Raphael makes Travel+Leisure World's Best list for third year in a row
- Historic Boutique Hotel Houses One of Top Kansas City Jazz Clubs
- Country Club Plaza Hotel a Unique Choice Among Kansas City Wedding Venues
- Chaz on the Plaza receives Wine Spectator Award
- Raphael offers ultimate Champagne romance package
- Raphael showcases summer packages
- Raphael a unique choice among Kansas City wedding venues
- Chaz a Kansas City jazz club
- Chaz chef apprentice contributes to JCCC culinary team win
- U.S. News & World Report Travel ranks The Raphael as Kansas City's #1 hotel
- KCTV-5 highlights Raphael as "staycation"
- Country Club Plaza a daytripper's delight
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch travel blog
- A Mission Hills Favorite Destination: Chaz on the Plaza Restaurant
- Raphael and the Plaza Lights
- Historic Kansas City Hotel Wraps Birthday Celebrations in a Beautiful Package
- Kansas City Meeting Venue: The Raphael, Autograph Collection
- New Executive Chef Appointed to Lead The Raphael Culinary Efforts
The Raphael Hotel Media Kit Releases
- Raphael history, tidbits, myths & legends
- Raphael Fact Sheet
- Raphael general manager bio
- Raphael executive chef bio
- Raphael story leads
- Chaz a uniquely Kansas City restaurant in style and decor
- Chaz a Kansas City music venue
- Chaz emphasizes modern regional cuisine
- Raphael packages open door to unique travel experiences